Thursday, October 27, 2011

Today kind of sucked.

Today was the day that I promised my first block candy if they behaved for an entire class period and they didn't manage to do it. Today was the day that a student asked me why they're allowed to wear all this crazy stuff during spirit week because it's frustrating how bad everyone is when they don't have to be in uniform. Today was the day that I had a serious conversation with a colleague about not staying at this school another year. Today was the day that a student told me at lunch that if he was dying he would want me to be the one to do mouth to mouth on him. Today was the day that the entire school was packed into one room for the purpose of trying to outscream each other. Today was the day that a group of extremely attractive high school girls came to dance in front of a gym full of middle school boys...which went about as well as you might expect. Today was the day that I slammed a door in order to get the attention of my students who were running around the classroom, screaming at the top of their lungs, and climbing on chairs because they were waiting to be released to the pep rally and they thought that was a logical way to react. Today was the day that I broke up the beginning of a fight that one of my favorite 7th graders was about to start.

But...today was also the day, though, that one of my girls did a hands-free cartwheel in the middle of the gym during a step team performance, and I couldn't have been more of a proud momma. Today was the day that a legitimately awesome drum line from our high school came and performed for our kids, and half our football team decided to spontaneously break it down and have a dance party in the middle of the gym. Today was the day that my fifth block kids had to come back to my room after a pep rally and even though I was DREADING it because they were acting like crack addicts, they ended up making me laugh for fifteen minutes with their silly attempts at stepping and dancing like a bunch of goofballs. Today was the day that gluten free brownies came in the mail from my Grandma. So...I guess it didn't completely suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment