Monday, October 10, 2011

12-year-old humor

So every Wednesday is free-write day in the kids' journals, meaning that they can write whatever they want. Some of them have an easier time coming up with material than others...here are two examples from the last couple of weeks (word for word from their journals):

"i went to school what is that oh that's a bus it's yellow omg i forgot my homework a baby goes whaa boom boom boom it's the fuzz nevermind hi grandma you look like justin beiber mommy what's that your face what a puppy i am hungry i want to eat a dragon i go to bed what is this wait this is a dream look it's flying pigs what the it's my sister is married to seth rogen i like cheese." (I think he should win an award for that stream of consciousness, personally.)

"well right now I have to go potty but SOMEONE won't let me go so it looks like I have to write in this stupid journal so here goes. once upon a time there was this boy named ----. he was in Ms. Melchione's class and he had to go potty just like me so he asked his teacher to sign his agenda but she wouldn't so he wanted to walk out but that means he would've gotten into trouble and his phone was gone."

I love it. I love them and I love it. Happy Monday.

1 comment:

  1. That is some SERIOUS stream of consciousness. Wow. I don't even know what to say about that.

    Also: Do 7th grade boys really refer to the bathroom as the potty? I am slightly disturbed by this. Perhaps I am just old? Ahhh...kids these days...

    ReplyDelete