Thursday, January 14, 2016

To All the Boys I've Loved Before: a brief review

taken from Goodreads.com
This was one of the Green Valley Book Fair buys that made it onto my 2016 reading goals list. But I was always tentative about it because I didn't love the only other Jenny Han book I've read, The Summer I Turned Pretty. That book was very simple and very predictable and somewhat boring, really. This one started out that way and I thought I was doomed to 300+ pages of uninteresting teen romance, but THEN there were a couple little twists and I got sucked right in. To be honest...it might in reality still be dumb teen romance, but I really enjoyed it and wanted to keep reading. And when it ended on a cliffhanger, I REALLY wanted to buy the next one right away. I didn't...I did the right thing and got a library book instead. But the next book I read after the library book will most likely be the sequel to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment