Monday, August 31, 2015

Isla and the Happily Ever After: a brief review

taken from Goodreads.com
I read both Anna and the French Kiss and Lola and the Boy Next Door when they each came out a couple years ago. I liked them a lot (cute, borderline cheesy teen romances) and was excited when the third and last companion book was finally released. I did like it, but I think I've realized (as I mentioned in this post) that I'm just getting way too old. These teen romances about declaring love after a month and traveling Europe and having sex everywhere/all the time just kind of make me want to vom. And I get it that some people's kids have a lot of money and attend black tie Christmas parties at the Met and have drivers/security guards who allow them into restricted areas for make out sessions with their girlfriends, but most people's kids don't. So after a while it's all just kind of eh. It was a perfectly fine book, but I really do think I need a break from teen fiction. I'm just getting too grumpy and jaded about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment