Thursday, September 3, 2015

Okay for Now: a brief, passionate review

taken from Goodreads.com
I read this book for the first time a handful of years ago, and I absolutely feel completely in love with Gary Schmidt. Really and truly fell in love. And this is my favorite of all his books. I love this book. I love this book. I love the characters, I love the dialogue, I love the writing style, I love the tears it makes me cry....I love this book. It is literally and concretely my favorite of all books. My favorite of all time. That's a big deal. So read this book, and then read the rest of this books in this order: Lizzie Bright and the Buckminster Boy, Trouble, The Wednesday Wars, and then don't under any circumstances read What Came From the Stars. He was apparently on LSD when he wrote that book.

He doesn't have the popularity or public awareness of a John Green or whoever, but I think that's a shame. Because, like I've said now lots of times, this is my favorite book. And he is an incredible writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment