Wednesday, August 12, 2015

The Silver Star: a brief review

taken from Goodreads.com
Well. I told you all about my thoughts regarding Walls' book Half Broke Horses a couple weeks ago, and today I finished her book The Silver Star (via audiobook). And I loved it just as much as both of Walls' other books. Actually, I think I liked it more. This one isn't a memoir of any kind, but is instead a novel about two young girls with an unstable mother and no father who decide to strike out on their own in search of long lost family members on the other side of the country. Walls follows her usual style of heartache mixed with comedy and wonderfully endearing characters. I really enjoyed this book, and I would even go so far as to say that I'd love to read it again sometime. I definitely recommend this book, along with The Glass Castle and Half Broke Horses. If you haven't read any of them, it's time.

No comments:

Post a Comment