Thursday, December 1, 2011

New student

I have a new student in my homeroom starting today. The poor boy is already being hunted and scoped out by all the girls in the 7th grade, and the boys are all trying to take him under their wings. That would be sweet except the boys in my homeroom who are taking him in are my big goofballs who can't ever stop talking or throwing things or flirting with girls or farting in the middle of class. So when I saw him talking to those boys in the lunch line I told him to not be friends with them because they'll get him into trouble. I was just kidding and the goofballs heard me tell him that and objected appropriately...I said it smiling and laughing but the poor kid didn't know whether I was serious or not. When he came out of the lunch line he just stood there, staring at the available seats and not having a clue as to whether he should sit with the goofballs or not. I told him I was just kidding several times but he never really looked like he believed me. Poor kid. I think I might have ruined his first day at his new school.

No comments:

Post a Comment