Monday, June 6, 2016

Week 2

Well, it's week 2 of my summer goal to read two nonaudiobook books every week, and it didn't happen. I blame my sister, who moved in Friday night and declared it the weekend of fun. Basically, we ate a lot of ice cream and watched a lot of Bloodline on Netflix. But thankfully we live in a world where grace exists and goals you make for yourself are not the law of the land. So I am getting back on the horse this week and aiming for that 2 book goal again. I was able to read one and listen to one on audiobook though, so here are their reviews.

taken from Goodreads.com
I finished the last of the four Snicket All the Wrong Questions books (you can see the other reviews here, here, and here) and it did not disappoint. I'm not going to lie, the first 80% or so of the book was such a strange whirlwind of weird that I had no idea what was going on. But once he brought it all home and tied all those weird details up in a nice bow, I was kind of blown away. Blown away...and yet also furious. Because once again, the man didn't answer my questions. I have just OH SO MANY questions (stretching back to the original 13 books in the Series of Unfortunate Events series) and he just refuses to answer them and I am mad. So is my brother. But...oh well. He will keep writing and I will keep reading and fingers crossed maybe one day I'll understand it all. Despite that little rant, I still highly recommend his books. All of them. Read his books and join the club of angry Snicket fans.

taken from Goodreads.com
This one was a reread, and was listened to via audiobook. It's been ages and ages since I've read sweet Anne, and I never ventured into the rest of the series (unless you count the classic Canadian movies starring Megan Follows). But my sister loves them and I found the series on audiobook at the library; I figured it was the best way to read a couple more. Oh sweet Anne. You are wonderful and you are loved. And Montgomery's writing is incredible. I spent most of the time I listened wishing I had a pen and paper to write down so many lines that were just amazing. If you somehow made it through your childhood without reading this wonderful and funny and heartwarming and adorable book, drop everything and read it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment