Monday, March 23, 2015

Order of the Phoenix: a brief review

taken from goodreads.com
Another Harry Potter book gets crossed off the list and I'm well on my way to completing the whole series. If I'm totally and 100% honest, I'm getting a little tired of Hogwarts and Company, and I'm ready to be done with the whole thing. I'm told, though, that this book is the worst/most boring of them all and that the last two are "incredible," so I press ahead. I am taking a break and listening to Mindy Kaling's book first before powering through the rest of this series, and I'm super stoked about it. I'm only on chapter 3 of 59 and I'm already in love.

Harry returns to Hogwarts yet again, this time for his fifth year at school. Before making it to school, though, he gets brought to Sirius Black's childhood home which is currently serving as the home base of the Order of the Phoenix, a secret alliance of witches and wizards working to defeat the uprising of Voldemort. Harry and his friends go back to school without their dear friend Hagrid who is mysteriously missing, and instead find that the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher is calculatingly evil. Things are tense at school, things get crazy with Voldemort, and there's a sort-of good ending that sets the stage for book 6.

So like I said, it wasn't my favorite. But it was there and I suppose it had to be there to continue the plot, and I do have faith that the next two will be good. I'll get to them, but first, Mindy.

Here's my progress so far on my 2015 reading goals:
Since it's only March and I'm almost done with this list (I've finished Dash and Lily's Book of Dares and am currently reading both Eleanor and Park and Mindy's book) I'm pretty excited to reevaluate my goals for the year. I think once I finish the rest of these I'll make a new goals list for the rest of the year. Yay for making reading happen, one way or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment