Friday, January 10, 2014

Another Reading Goal

I know, I already have a couple of huge reading goals going on right now. Between the 94 Book Challenge and my New Year's goal of reading 40 books this year, I'm keeping myself fairly busy with all the books I want to read. But this new challenge is really small, and it fits nicely within my goal of reading 40 books this year. So I'm adding it.

I saw this link this morning, listing books that are going to be turned into movies this year, and I think I've seen it before but didn't bother to look at it until this morning when I was avoiding getting out of my warm bed. I've already read quite a few of the books on the list (The Fault in Our Stars, Divergent, The Giver, The Maze Runner), and some of them don't really interest me all that much (I'm really excited about the movie The Monuments Men but I just can't read about war), but some of them really do. There's a handful of those 16 books listed that I would definitely want to read before I see the movie, so I want to do so. (I'm also adding The Book Thief to the list because I really need to read it and would prefer to before seeing the movie.) So, a new challenge. And also now you see how it fits within my goal to read 40 books this year, especially since I already own Unbreakable and it's on my 94 Book Challenge. Happiness all around.

Here are the books that make up the Book-to-Movie Challenge (because every challenge ought to have a not-so-clever name):

Labor Day, written by Joyce Maynard
A Long Way Down, written by Nick Hornby
Dark Place, written by Gillian Flynn
This is Where I Leave You, written by Jonathan Tropper
Gone Girl, written by Gillian Flynn
Unbroken, written by Laura Hillenbrand
Wild, written by Cheryl Strayed
Serena, written by Ron Rash
The Book Thief, written by Markus Zusak

I'm not necessarily saying that my goal is to read all of these books by the end of the year, just that I read them before I see the movie. And I'm not someone who goes to the movies often (hardly ever) so I'm not too worried or stressed about this one. I'll just pick away at them and see the film version at some point.



No comments:

Post a Comment