Saturday, October 5, 2013

More of a Guideline

A couple months ago I started my own personal challenge of reading all the books I own that I haven't ever read. When I started the challenge, I had 91 books. I found a couple in various hiding places around the house, though, and also bought one at a yard sale, bringing my total to 93. But then today I was peer pressured into going to the Green Valley Book Fair (one of my favorite places in the entire world), and I picked up three books. Two I'd read and love, and one that's new. I've heard really great things about it for years, and it was $2.99. I know it's breaking my rule (I'm not allowed to buy any new books that I haven't read before I read all the books I already own that I've already read), but I decided to respond the same way as Captain Barbossa of the Black Pearl.

The code is really more like a guideline. And I can decide when I'm allowed to break it.

So yeah. 93 94 books to go.




No comments:

Post a Comment