Sunday, August 11, 2013

I Cheated

There was a yard sale. I couldn't help it.

I did in fact break my own rule yesterday and bought a new book - one that I hadn't previously read - even though I haven't come close to finishing my goal of reading all those books I already own. But it was a yard sale, and I was promised lots of great things and when I got there all they had was baby clothes and books. And it was 50 cents. So I'm confessing, I'm adding it to the list, and I'll read it.

It's Angela's Ashes, written by Frank McCourt. I'm not only excited about reading it someday soon, I'm also excited about finally being able to follow the conversation they have about it in that one episode of The Office.

(I should note that I am in fact reading a book, even though it's taking me forever to get through it. I'm in the very middle of The Kite Runner, and even though it's a sad and somewhat long book the real reason why it's taking me forever is because I decided to paint all the rooms in our house this week. So I've been busy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment