Thursday, August 1, 2013

Home Sweet Home: Inside Edition

The time has come! I'm finally posting pictures of the inside of our house! I know I promised them "soon" a long time ago, but "soon" is a relative term, I guess. We're going to start painting some more walls soon and I'm feeling SUPER crafty, so I guess my thinking was that I better start posting those "before" pics so I have something exciting to take pictures of "after." And it might be lame that I think that way. But regardless...pictures.


I think my favorite part of our entryway is the exposed brick of the chimney. It's such a cool part of the character of the house.





Here's the dining room and kitchen. I have to admit this was probably one of the main reasons I fell in love with this house. We had a perfectly fine kitchen at our old house...but we had very little counter space, not much storage, and it was a little outdated. Not the kitchen you'd want to grow old with, but perfectly fine nonetheless. But this beauty...it great. So much storage (there's empty space in some of those cabinets, guys) and so much counter space. And it's all new! And beautiful! Yay for people who flip houses for a living!


Also, the pantry is an entire room. And I love it.




Here's the living room, and fireplace #1. I love the French doors, I love the stone, and I love the view of the mountains out that window.





I love the kitchen, yes, but this is my favorite room of the house. We put those bookshelves in ourselves (so thankful for the cheap bookcases of Ikea), and I love them. Fireplace #2 is also awesome - I love that the brick of the outside of the house is carried into the inside as well. I'll be honest, we don't use this room super often right now, but I see lots of games, puzzles, reading, and Christmas mornings happening here. And I'm super excited.


Down this hallway are the four bedrooms and full bath. I'm sparing you pictures of the empty rooms for now, and I'll just update you when we fill them someday with kids. (I'm lying. They're not empty. One is full of dog-related things and one has everything I haven't bothered to find a home for yet.)



Our room has a little hallway within it, which is kind of nice because it adds a little bit more privacy. It's also a nice place to hang some art from our wedding. 



Our bathroom is fairly standard (has a toilet, has a sink, has a closet, has a shower) but it is really nice and updated. Score another one for flipped houses. 



Looking at our room in these pictures makes me SO extremely excited for the paint color we've picked out. And so glad we will be painting starting next week. Because that beige does not picture well. I'm also excited to get some stuff on the walls in here. Geez. It looks so boring.


Main bathroom. Super exciting. (It actually is exciting, thanks to those smashing sunflowers.)




Guest room slash office. Which I'm just realizing is still in need of some things to be on the walls. Pretty cool though: the guest room used to be the master bedroom in a previous life, so there's a half bath inside.




And lastly, here's the mudroom/dog bowl land/laundry room. Those stairs you see lead down the huge unfinished basement (it's big, just believe me. It's not that exciting to look at right now), and there's a door to the garage in here that I didn't get in a picture. It's not the most exciting part of the house, but it is also going to get some paint and hopefully perk up a little bit. Plus, my new washer and dryer are so pretty, along with the countertop installed by my husband and my father. And at the end of the day, this laundry room is a thousand times better, even without paint on the walls, than the unfinished basement my laundry used to be in.

I'm so thankful for our new house, and all four of us love it. We've got lots of ideas for things to tackle and add and change over the next several years, and I can't wait to see how we continue to make it our own. Since the day we looked at it, though, we knew that this was where we needed to be. And we couldn't be more blessed to have gotten it.

It's more fun in person though so come visit us! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment