Monday, February 27, 2012

...Still finding that happy place.

Well...it's been a week and I'm still looking for a change in behavior/work ethic/attitude from the children. At this point it probably goes without saying that I haven't seen it. I'll spare you the drama and details of my last week, or specifically of the day I had today which gave me a headache because of all the anger I held inside all day long, and I'll just tell you one story from homeroom. One of my girls brought an entire, unopened quart of butter pecan ice cream into my classroom to eat for breakfast. The truly surprising part of the story, I think, is that she was genuinely confused about why I asked her to take it to the head of the cafeteria to store for the day.

I also found out today that one of the kids I absolutely love from my 5th block is moving. Tomorrow is his last day. And just because all of us teachers spent the morning talking about how great he is and how upset we are that he's leaving, he acted like a jerk all afternoon in class. Because he's leaving and he doesn't care anymore. Because it would have been way too much to ask for him to just stay a great kid for two more days, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment