Thursday, October 15, 2015

The Martian: a brief review

taken from Goodreads.com
Our Book Club picks are on fire the last couple months. Holy cow...good book. Good, good book. I realize most people know this already, not necessarily because they've read the book but because they've seen the new movie starring Matt Damon, but you should all read the book anyway. It's really good. I was a little skeptical going in because I am not even a little bit scientific minded, and even proofreading JT's papers for school - about space - is sometimes a challenge for me. I wasn't sure how a book written entirely about space and scientific solutions would stay on my limited level, but Weir wrote it in a very accessible way. He figured out how to incorporate all the science and space and NASA protocol in a way that wasn't too far above the average reader's head. It didn't hurt that the protagonist was hilarious. So incredibly hilarious. I was also skeptical when my good friend Kelly said that it was one of the best books she's ever read...but I get it now. I think I'd have to agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment