Thursday, July 16, 2015

Cold Tangerines: a brief review

taken from Goodreads.com
Although I feel like I am close person friends with Shauna Niequist because of her role on the Relevant podcast (and her blog), Cold Tangerines is the first book of hers that I've read. Well, that's not true; I have read some of her devotional book Savor, but I will say that that maybe doesn't count. Anyway, I enjoyed this one very much. Each chapter is its own individual essay, with the same overarching theme of seeing the beauty and Godly in everyday circumstance; I highlighted many words and found great truth throughout the entire book but I confess it's not my favorite way to read a book. I usually love it until about three-quarters of the way through and then I'm ready for a "real" book. So I did enjoy it a lot, I definitely recommend it, but I'm looking a little more forward to reading her book Bittersweet soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment