Monday, July 20, 2015

A Thousand Splendid Suns: a brief review

taken from Goodreads.com
I'm a little behind the curve with reading Mr. Hosseini's books, but after reading The Kite Runner about a year ago I definitely made sure to read his others at some point. A Thousand Splendid Suns, which I read via audiobook, did not disappoint. Similar to The Kite Runner, this book is graphic, heartbreaking, and at times even sickening as the story of two neglected and abused Afghan women is woven through several decades. As hard as some (most?) of the contents of this book were to listen to, I very much enjoyed it, and I deeply respect Mr. Hosseini's gift as an author. If you haven't read any of his work, I definitely recommend him. I might even recommend this one more than The Kite Runner.

No comments:

Post a Comment