Tuesday, May 12, 2015

House of Hades: a brief review

taken from goodreads.com
Friends, I'm not going to lie to you. I didn't love this book and I'm not going to waste a lot of time writing a big long review. Basically: this is the ninth book in the Percy Jackson saga (if you count both series), and I feel like I need to finish the course and read them all even though I just do not care about Percy Jackson anymore. So I listened to the [TERRIBLE] audiobook, and it took forever because these books are just stupid long, and I can now say that I've read it. Yay.

The last book left off with Percy and Annabeth falling into a bottomless, horrible pit. This book bounces between them and the other five who are trying to find them; meanwhile everyone is simultaneously trying to close the Doors of Death. This one ends with them all reunited and deciding to move on to some battle that's going to take place in Greece. And there you go. I just saved you 600-some pages of reading/listening. But hey. At least I got to listen to it (or rather, kind of sort of half listen to it) on audiobook rather than actually read the thing. So there's that.

No comments:

Post a Comment