Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Whatever Works?

I was updating my 2014 goals list just now and realized that I think I can cross something off. I've always struggled with maintaining a consistent exercise routine; there have been seasons where I'm serious about it every day and seasons where months and months pass with nothing. Getting pregnant was a great incentive to get my butt moving, but it took me a while to make it happen. But once I got through about week 14 and the nausea went away, the weather also started to get really nice and it became really easy to get out and start moving again. The best part is that I didn't even have to really try...once the weather gets warmer people want to go for walks and I've been super happy to join in on the fun. It's just kind of worked itself out so that I have walks with friends 2 to 3 times a week, which to me qualifies as having an exercise routine figured out.

It's kind of funny/ironic to me that I've worked so hard to schedule exercise as a firm and concrete thing in my calendar before and it hasn't really worked, but now I'm just kind of winging it week to week and it's all working out to be just fine. This won't work for me long term, I know, because once it gets colder all my friends will go back into hibernation mode again and I'll be tempted to join them. I'll also have baby weight to lose by that point, though, so I'll have some extra motivation to travel the three minutes down the road to the gym instead of using the great (freezing) outdoors. So it will all work out just fine, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment