Sunday, November 17, 2013

Divergent: coming to the big screen

I've talked a lot about how excited I am for Catching Fire to hit the big screen (at the end of this week!), but there's another one coming out this spring that I'm equally excited about. Even though Veronica Roth's Divergent series doesn't tug on my heart strings quite the same way as the Hunger Games series, and even though the end of Insurgent totally ticked me off, I'm excited to finally read the third book soon and I'm definitely excited for the movie. Since it's not coming out until March, we've got plenty of time to reread the first book or read it for the first time, and get totally hyped. Something that makes me especially excited about these movies coming out is that I convinced hubs to read Divergent this summer, so he's going to be just as excited as me to go see it and we've already done our fair share of analyzing the first trailer together. Two thumbs up for getting the man in your life excited about Young Adult dystopian novels!

Here's the first trailer. For those who are interested (all of you, I know), me and the hubs have similar reactions: Shailene is an unexpected choice for Tris but will be great, I thought Jai was a terrible choice for Eric at first, but then I saw him in Jack Reacher and 100% changed my mind because he's terrifying, the trailer certainly makes it seem like they stuck to the book closely and that it will be pretty awesome, and that trust fall into the pit of blackness gave us both the willies to watch. And I still remain unconvinced in their choice for Four. In my mind, he is and always will be Pearl Harbor-era Josh Hartnett (hubs might not agree with me on that one). What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment