Friday, June 1, 2012

Marty Wolf Pictures, please hold.

I mentioned last post that we were in post-SOL movie-watching mode. Now we're officially out of movie-watching mode and into post-movie assignment mode, which means the children are whining again. We watched Freaky Friday, Rookie of the Year, and Big Fat Liar (except for 5th block which whined so much when I tried to put in Freaky Friday that they got Antz instead. Antz is a legitimately stupid movie). Now that they're done, the kids had to do a day of plot structuring, indirect and direct charaterizationing, themeing, and summarizing...but today marked the start of a longer project in which they picked one of the three movies their class watched and were given the task of writing a sequel to that movie. If you notice, Miss Melchione was clever enough to pick only movies with no sequel already in existence. Today, one of my girls in 5th block spent all class working on her pre-writing for her sequel to Big Far Liar, and she came up to me at the end of class and said "Miss Melchione, what if someone steals my paper, and turns it into a successful Hollywood movie?" I laughed and said "I don't think that's going to happen." And she looked at me, dead serious, and said "Miss Melchione...Marty Wolf is out there. He is out there and he is real and he's going to come steal my paper and get rich!"

That entire blog post was useless to you unless you've actually seen the movie Big Fat Liar.  If you haven't seen it, you probably should immediately. Or watch this trailer.



1 comment:

  1. It seems she understands the moral of the movie. Good teaching moment :)

    ReplyDelete