Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Last Minute Productivity

Just one tiny story. Today the research papers' rough drafts were due, and they've had a week to write them. Many of my students didn't even think about starting until the end of class yesterday. Two of my classes didn't even really make an attempt today either, but my 4th block busted their butts to reach the deadline. And all but two were successful. One girl, sitting in the front row, who honestly sleeps through about half of her time in my room, asked me repeatedly to come up and help her through a rough spot in her draft. About three minutes before deadline when I went around to grade the drafts, she suddenly yells at the top of her lungs "I'M DONE!" and I yelled back from my desk "YAY!"

I really do love it when they get their butts in gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment