Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Womp Womp

This morning I went into school after a three day weekend to make copies. Everything I'd planned for the day - a really good lesson, btw - needed to be copied, and the copier was broken. I can't even tell you how annoying that is. I had three minutes to come up with something else to do with my 90 minutes with my kids. And then I came back to me room, stressed and freaking out about this new turn of events, and remembered that I rearranged the desks and made a new seating chart that I needed to somehow give to the kids. So I'm walking around the room frantically putting sticky notes on each desk saying who sits where, and I look up and one of my students from 5th block who loves the Giants is standing in front of me, with a huge smile on his face. I looked at him and said "I don't want to talk about it. Get out of my face."

In case you were wondering, I managed to improvise enough to use about 3/4 of the block, and then passed out the mountain of papers sitting on my desk, and then read Green Eggs and Ham. Just for fun. It had nothing to do with my lesson and there wasn't even an attempt to link it to content. I just read Dr. Seuss. And it was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment